Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Life is a journey, enjoy travelling in it…

If you would have known me, you would have also known how big travel freak I am. I just love travelling to different unseen places - enjoying their unique lifestyle, dressing style, food and eating habits, distinctive slang and the ambience. Everything from cutlery to bed sheet changes depending upon how farther you travel. Sometimes this distinctiveness can cause hassles nevertheless it always feels memorable at the end.



I am happy not just reaching there, but I enjoy the drive to my destination, because that is what adds to the experience and amusement. For that you need to be equipped with proper gear like your favorite CDs, a comfy car with spare tire and jack, some beverages, ready to eat snacks and a camera. Listening to your favorite track in a car running at or more than 100 Km/h is something you can never experience in a metro city. Stopping and savoring the food of various dhabbas on the way, capturing nature’s beauty in your camera. All this adds to the overall enjoyment.





I am amongst those who prefer Mountains over Beaches and this time I wish to travel to Sikkim and Gangtok. Having heard so much of its beauty and cleanliness I am just waiting for my chance to experience it. Also I find myself a little inclined towards Buddhism and I want to see their Monasteries. Tibetian Market is another attraction for me, as being a girl shopping is always on the list. And rest I am not googling because I prefer word of mouth reviews. Moreover, the charm of exploring avenues is much more than pre-equipped knowledge for me.


But as anyone who has traveled would have realized, travelling is comfortable with advanced bookings, hence I trust only SKYSCANNER to do it for me. What you can book is not only your flights, but hotels and cabs too. After that long flight, you want to settle down first, take a short break to refresh your nerves before heading to the unknown.

Who knows when you will get a lifetime to traverse this path again? Experience most of it and have no regrets when you die. 


Happy travelling with family and friends, 
For the ones who rove together, reside together.


This entry has been written for the SKYSCANNER contest #TravelSmartWithSkyscanner on Indiblogger.  

2 comments: